A well defined action plan should include:
- A detailed description of what needs to be accomplished
- The small steps that need to be taken (and in what order)
- Who is involved and their specific responsibilities
- Deadlines and milestones - when tasks have to be completed
- Resourced you may need
Here are some questions to help you get started:
- Is there anything preventing you from growing or strengthening your business?
- What is a small step you can take today?
- What is something you can do this week?
- You have a lot to do. What can wait? What needs to be done today?
An action plan can be used for all your goals, from daily tasks to what you want to accomplish in 5 years. One way to plan out your next steps is by creating S.M.A.R.T. Goals.