As you get ready to obtain new clients, promote, or grow your business, it’s important to understand the need your business is addressing. Through social entrepreneurship, business owners are providing solutions to address a community need and promote change.
Consider the following questions to help you understand what social need you are addressing:
- What is the customer problem that your business will solve?
- How will your business provide value to or improve the lives of your customers?
Below are some examples of how businesses create social change or meet community needs:
- Homemade products that are more environmentally friendly than mass-produced goods
- A percent of all sales is given to a scholarship fund
- A nonprofit organization that serves immigrants