Here is a list of resources you can visit to help you get more information on the structure, permits, and registration specifics required to get your business started.
- LLC, State of California Franchise Tax Board
- LLC, IRS
- Limited Liability Companies as Worker Cooperatives, Insight
Business Licensing and Permits
- Cal Gold (CA) - This website assists you in finding appropriate permit information for your business. It also provides contact information for the various agencies that administer and issue these permits.
- State Licenses and Permits, SBA
- Professional Licenses for Immigrants
Registering a Business Name
Below you’ll find some handy resources for getting started as an independent contractor.
Governmental Resources from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
- IRS Guidelines for Independent Contractor work
- Common Law Rules (IRS Publication 15-A, 2016 Edition)
- Application for IRS Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (W7 form)
- Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification (W9 form)
- 1099 form for Miscellaneous Income
Working for Yourself Resources